Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Leave the Gun and Take the Canolis

Any reference to Sicily brings us Godfather movie buffs back to all of the famous lines.  But, so far no Mafia, but there are plenty of canolis.  The canoli is a famous desert which originates from Sicily. We will talk more about this later.  By the way, I have seen canolis all over the place, but I haven't had one yet.  It's too hot.  

Our trip was long, but smooth, except for the fiasco at the Palermo airport.  The baggage claim area is  very disorganized.  Other than that problem, everything has been beautiful so far.  My sister the sister joins us tomorrow.

We did not feel too tired today, so we decided to explore the west coast of Sicily.  We visited a small village south of Trapani and then we made our way to Marsala, the home of the famous Marsala wine.  






2 comments:

  1. Love the title. Any chance you can bring back a cannoli for the Sena pack? Have a wonderful trip Padre. -mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title is one of my favorites too and all three films are favorites of mine and my son Nathan. I makes me chuckle every time.
    That's your mother Elli in the navy top and blue skirt isn't it - and your Dad in dark glasses. Give them both my love!

    Blessings to you all,

    Jamie Shafer

    ReplyDelete